Saturday, December 27, 2008

Only in America....


Today was the big girl's day out. 
My mee-maw, mom, sister-in-law, and niece drove to Natick, Mass (Outside of Boston) to visit the brand spanking new American Girl store and bistro. 

It was quite the place. Quite scary. Quite busy. Quite expensive. Quite pink.


I must admit that I found myself getting pulled in to the sites- beautifully dressed dolls in clothes nicer than my own. And they are much more wholesome then say, Barbie or Bratz dolls. 
They have human-sized clothes, so my niece could buy PJ's and house shoes to match her doll Mia. She also paid to have the doll hair done by a trained American Girl stylist. 

My mom and niece had a hay-day. 

The bistro was pretty exciting, especially for a youngn'. She had a special seat and menu just for Miiiia. 

Crazy, crazy, crazy. 
But Megan was oh-so-excited. And came home with a new doll hairdo, dog, and snowboarding outfit (complete with helmet, board, and goggles) for Mia. 
At the end of the day, we were all pretty pooped. 

No comments: