Sunday, December 21, 2008

Fun at Meeee-Maws!


You sooo want one. 

As we do every year, my mom's fam had Christmas with my MeeMaw in Lubbock. My cousinlings received an awesome "Girl Gourmet Cupcake Maker" for Christmas.  Similar to an Easy Bake Oven that I was never lucky enough to have. 

Hailey and Madison did most of the "baking" (microwaving mystery powder + water in a magical plastic container for 30 seconds)

One Strawberry red velvet something-or-other, a chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon spice. Oh my my. They were quite beautiful. 

It wasn't until the fourth cupcake that Madison got the icing down, creating the star cupcake. It was a trickly little machine, but really quite smart. I wouldn't mind having a giant contraption of a similar nature- push a lever down and the cupcakes spin and are perfectly iced every time. 

I stuck my finger in a couple of the icings- very floury/powdery tasting. Similar to what nesquick, flour, and water would taste like. 

The boys wrestled the entire time, inspired by their Christmas gift tickets to WWE, and basically just came in and ate the gal's handy work. 
Fun was had. Interesting products were made (and enjoyed very much by the kiddos). 
I give this gizmo two and a half thumbs way up, even if I couldn't bring myself to eat more than a single bite of one of the cupcakes. 

No comments: