Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ho-Ho-Ho!


My step-grandpa dresses up as Santa Claus for the Country Club Sunday holiday lunch. 
Every year, since my niece Madison was about 5 we take a picture together on his lap. 

When she was young, she didn't want to do it. And now that she is getting older, she still doesn't want to do it. I personally love telling Santa my wishes...

Straight A's. 
Bagpipes. 
Acceptance into the Peace Corps. 

But every year, (possibly because we are given a stocking full of candy, fruit, ornaments, and such) we manage to convince her to take a photo. 



This year Madison's brother Gage went with us. He is too adorable. With a body of a 2ish year-old but the vocabulary of a 5-year-old (He is 4) he made our trip to the Club extra special. 

He loved taking photos with my phone. And posing with it. 

 I told Madison that we would continue to do this lap-sitting tradition until she was my age- 22. When she is 22 I will be 34. Eeeeeek!
Merry Holly-days y'all!

2 comments:

TexasDeb said...

Totally adorable. That is all.

Shaela said...

I didn't think it was possible for Madison to look more like Ben/your mom than she already did. Wow. Cuteness is clearly a family trademark.