Friday, November 28, 2008

Rockin' Thanksgiving



Volunteering for project turkey made me feel all warm inside. All of the food boxes were decorated by children- sooo cute. There were TONS of volunteers and I'm glad I did my little part. 


I have a whole new appreciation for all of the work my mother does every Turkey day. 
All of the foods I made were a success and yum-yum-yummy. 
           
One pumpkin pie
One pecan pie
One broccoli and rice casserole (My favorite evah!)
Stuffed mushrooms (stuffed with love, of course)
Homemade cranberry sauce
Chipotle deviled eggs (Thanks, Noah)
Mashed potaters


Jess made the turkey, stuffing, gravy, green bean casserole, and brought sweet potatoes to bake. 
                                                         
The only things I missed out on was Karen Chesnut's chexy/peanut butter goodness, my mom's millionaire pie, and giblet gravy. 

                                                                                                                     Animal apron worn ALL DAY!
                                                         
My helper pal Noah (with apron) did the eggs and cleaned the shrooms.


I was glad that the boys we cooked for were really really appreciative. (They gave us a round of applause and ate 'til they wanted to puke).  Five of the boys came in from Portland to play shows in Dallas and Austin with their band, The Dead Trees. On Saturday they will be playing at The Parish, and you should check them out! 

Table cloth and everything! We're so fancy!

It's funny, at my family thanksgivings, everybody eats and then the guys all sit around and watch football. This year wasn't so different, only these boys sat around playing rock band and the wii. 


(His yeller shirt says "Eat Turkey, feel perky!"...love it!)

It's quite entertaining watching actual musicians play games like Rock Band. (Breezing through songs on expert level) It made me feel really un-talented. 

We all played Scene It twice in teams. The boys were serious about winning. I didn't contribute much, as I hadn't seen 80% of the movies. 

Then we ate more turkey. (Leona ate her giant bone)


And my belly and I went to sleep. 




But now it's a new day! My pal Cavason who works at Paggi House brought me some of their bread pudding and OH MY GAWD it's the best bread pudding I've ever had in my life. I want to cry. So now I've got an itching to try their food food. mmmmmm. Can't get enough. 

Let yer food settle and have a happy, restful weekend!

2 comments:

The.CdC said...

Thanks for sharing this. We miss our boys back in Boston. It just isn't Thanksgiving without them.
Thanks again for feeding them.

PassivePastry said...

No problem!! I love to cook and bake any time I have an excuse to do so. They were lovely and very well mannered boys!