Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bony Moms


My mother came in to town to "take care of me" last weekend. 

I love my mommy. 
I took her to Parkside Friday night with Emmanuel where we ate a giant oyster platter, white pâté,  a hambooger, and I ordered the BONE MARROW!
something I had been dying to try the last two times dining there. 

We finished our meal off with the disgustingly good goat cheese cheesecake which gets a post of its own. 
yum!

The bones take about 30-40 minutes to prepare, and create a lot of attention from tables around you... People who stare in delight or wonder when they bring it piping hot out to the table... Alright, maybe the tables around me were just staring because I squealed with joy and held the bones up for a photo op after finishing my meal. 
The table to the left and right of us asked me how it was and said that they had always wanted to try it. Try it! I say....

So how was it? 
Ummmmm...... flavorful. (like bone, who would've thought?) Gelatinous. Unsightly. Unnerving if you can't get past the fact that you are scooping out blood-cell-maker-thangs....from a cow bone.
After eating it I told my mother, "It was good, but I would survive if I never ate it again in my life."






The next day my mom let me sleep in. I awoke to kolaches and coffee, a clean bathroom and kitchen, and a pot of soup cooking on my stove. She then took me shopping for "teacher clothes", out to Chez-Zee for dinner, and we finished off her visit watching Coraline in 3-D. (excellent movie, go see it!!)

Thank you mommy for the weekend!!


1 comment:

TexasDeb said...

Yay for you and your Mom. Glad you had such a nice visit. Next time you go home, maybe you clean HER bathroom for her? : )