Thursday, May 28, 2009

The good, The Ugly


Good Find:    OKRA CHIPS!!!!!!
Oh thank heaven for Central Market. I was a giddy little shopper when I stumbled upon containers of these guys by the coffee/tea/body sections. 
Similar to fried okra, only much crunchier. So crunchy in fact that I found these can be dangerous to the gums, but well worth it. 



Bad Find: Emma has Fleas. 
Emma has been transforming in to more and more of an outdoor cat, which is fine by me because she still refuses to Poo in her litter box. She even recently PEED on a pile of  my student's artwork that I was planning on putting in to my final portfolio. 
What does all of this mean? She didn't do it when I first adopted her. 
I think she hates me. 
Anyhow, I found that as long as I keep her outside, all is well and swell and there are no "presents" left for me when I get home. 
Until now. 
Fleas. Flease. And more fleas. Did I mention Flea Poo??
I had never seen the little buggers until now, and I wouldn't mind never seeing them again. Emma has a flea collar and has been through two topical flea treatments with no luck. 
Today she went to the vet and got a pill, and a sorry look from the kitty nurse, and I was told to go buy stuffs to de-flea my apartment and comb out as many as possible from my terror of a cat. 
Not sure what my next step is. 
Hmph. 



An update from the Big-People world: I got an interview! 
For an elementary school in Manor. 
I've been told to think of the first interview as a "practice", which is not very reassuring because I really, really want this job. I found out another job in Manor has been filled, which leaves me with only two schools as possibilities. Arg. 
My interview is on Monday. My stummy is already nervous. Wish me luck. 



2 comments:

TexasDeb said...

LUCK! Smile smile smile and relax. You are loaded with talent, just do your best to help them learn what they need to know about you to see they want to hire you.

PassivePastry said...

thanks for the support!
my interview went really, really well.

the only way i wont get it is if there is somebody more experienced than me. poo--ha.

hopefully there will be more to come.