Sunday, July 26, 2009

An unfortunate chain of events....


I've been feeling crafty lately, and have been decoupaging the top and the drawer of a lil' plain white table for my new abode. (Yes, I found somewhere to live!! I will be moving in this Wednesday through Friday! Weee!)

Thursday:
Began decoupage project, stood up on knees to work and cut my knee with the EXACTO knife that had been lying on the ground.

Pain level: Tolerable
Blood loss: Minimal- a nice clean cut with blood running down my leg, but no more than you'd get from cutting yourself shaving or something.

Friday:
Was trimming paper to put inside the drawer. Somehow managed to STAB the EXACTO the entire length of the blade in to my hand below my right thumb.

Pain level: 10+
Blood loss: fountain-like

As soon as I stabbed myself the blood began dripping all over the counter and down my hand. Stupidly, my first thought was to grab my camera and take a picture of my hand for blogging purposes. But as the blood dripped all over my kitchen counter, cabinets, and floor and the pain started radiating up my arm I decided against it.

Randy came over and patched me up. We decided not to waste money/time on a couple of stitches.

I took a painkiller and rested my hand all night. It hurt well in to Saturday so I had to call and cancel a house painting gig that I was supposed to do. Phooey.

Be careful- craftin' can be a dangerous work!



2 comments:

TexasDeb said...

Oh kiddo- keep an eye on that. Your tetanus shots are up to date, yeah? I ALWAYS hurt myself when I craft. Hot glue gun? Exacto knife? Both implements of personal destruction in my hands.

PassivePastry said...

thanks missy :) my mom was worried as well and suggested i get all tetanused- I called my doctor and I am up to date.... My hand shouldn't fall off!