Sunday, July 5, 2009

Oh Say Can You Eat....


This heat is really getting to me. I don't want to drive, don't want to exercise, don't want to eat hot and heavy food, and most certainly don't want to exit my air-conditioned apartment.

The heat is even affecting my blogging (or at least I'll use it as an excuse), which has turned in to very much of a photographic outline-format.

So here you have it, my Austin Fourth of July in review...No parades, no fireworks. Just good company, good food, with some good music thrown in the mix.

11PM-2AM July 3rd:
Preperation of massive Blueberry Cheesecake. I am sad that I do not have a better photo of this beauty. It received rave reviews and turned out eggggceptional, especially for my first cheesecake.


AM July 4th:

Purchased kabob items, Dragon egg items, macaroni and cheese pizza, okra, and blackberries.


PM July 4th:

Grillin!

Veggie Kabobs.

Dragon Eggs.
(Local Jalepenos, farmstead basil garlic creamed cheese, shrimp from the gulf all wrapped in slighlty smoked bacon)

Shrimp, cherry tomato, and pineapple kabobs.

Cheesecake Eatin'.

Nappin.

Viewing of Tara's Marching Band on the pedestrian foot bridge at midnight. There was a 5-7 person bicycle dragon creation present as well, slowly weaving its way along the bridge and streets.
I love Austin.




No comments: