Thursday, February 19, 2009

Loo Blues



You know it's going to be an awesome day when you wake up and drop your phone in the toilet. And a first generation iphone, which I have handled with great care (only dropped it once prior) until now. 

Needless to say I drove straight to the Apple store after school and bought a new one. But now I have no telly numbers. I think I'm just going to wait and see who loves me enough to call me. Yes, yes that's a grand plan. 


I then wanted something new, so I bought things to make an almost insalata caprese (Central Market was out of basil!!) with prosciutto. 
Now I am rarely a food "snob", but this is the first time I've tried to make caprese since eating it in Italy and it was NOT good. 
Tomatoes- I got the ones on the vine grown in Texas..... no flavor
I bought the big ole balls of mozarella sittin' in their juice..... no good. no flavor. the texture was, "eh".....
the olive oil was fresh and probably the only thing that saved it... and the prosciutto was also lacking because i didn't want to buy the 12 dollar pack. 

sheesh. 
please transport me to Castiglion Fiorentino pronto for some quality foods!

This day has been good. 



1 comment:

TexasDeb said...

I have had the same difficulties trying to put together that salad with the ingredients I think I can afford.

I suppose that means when I get a good version in a restaurant I should be more grateful. Not as easy as you'd think, sourcing good fresh ingredients I guess. I mean we can get fresh, sure, but good? Not so easy.

Sorry to hear about your phone. I had to re-enter all my numbers into a new phone recently and the little beeping noise nearly drove me crazy. I think your approach might be better.

Have a lovely weekend!